Sunday, March 25, 2007

Avoiding Pesach Cleaning

Last year I didn't post about Pesach cleaning until later in the process. The following are the triLcat stages of Pesach cleaning, in case you're curious:
1. Eating up the chametz.
2. Procrastination
3. Desperate procrastination
4. Cleaning gestures
5. Extreme procrastination
6. Laundry and bedrooms
7. Ultra-Procrastination
8. Kitchen Cleaning
9. Collapse
10. Seder

Last year, I didn't write until I was at stage 7. This year, I'm only at stage 5. Fortunately, it turns out I was tagged on a Meme last year, so I have a great way to procrastinate.

Thanks Biur Chametz.

Here it is. The A-Z meme:

Accent:
American in English, just slightly funny in Hebrew. Americans think it's Israeli, though.

Booze:
Red wine and cocktails. These days, I'm sticking to Kedem grape juice though

Chore I Hate:
Washing dishes and floors both destroy my back. Everything else is just unpleasant.

Dogs/Cats:
Love dogs, especially MY dog. Cats are ok. I'll pet them if they ask.

Essential Electronics:
All electronics are essential! except the stupid tetris game I used to have. It never worked right anyway.

Favorite Perfume/Cologne:
I like most of the Dali ones, except the red one. It smells like candy.

Gold & Silver:
I prefer gold.

Hometown:
Modiin.

Insomnia:
High sleep latency.

Job Title:
Housewife

Kids:
1 Stepson and one baby on the way.

Living Arrangements:
Rental apartment.

Most Admired Trait:
Ability to be very empathetic.

Number of Sexual Partners:
Get your head out from under our covers!

Overnight Hospital Stays:
Entirely too many, but looking forward to my next one being in July and ending with me taking home a whole new person.

Phobia:
spiders, especially big yucky ones

Quote:
"Well, I like you. You're nice, and you're funny, and you don't smoke, and okay, werewolf but that's not all the time. I mean, three days out of the month I'm not much fun to be around either."

Religion:
Jewish

Siblings:
1 sister, 3 brothers

Time I Usually Wake Up:
Whenever Poofy can't wait any longer for his walk.

Unusual Talent:
That's Private!

Vegetable I Refuse To Eat:
Eggplant

Worst Habit:
Talking when I should shut up.

X-Rays:
I'd LOVE to have X-ray vision!

Yummy Foods I Make:
Everything I make is yummy. Yaakov likes my chicken with potatoes. People generally devour my lasagna. I always make too much stir-fry, but people like it.

Zodiac Sign:
I don't know, but my birthstone is a diamond and my Hebrew birthday is 2 days before Pesach. A good gift would involve help cleaning or the doggone covers for my couches!

3 comments:

luckluster said...

Rental? Did you move?

Leah Goodman said...

I've been renting for 5 years. I moved to this apartment about 3 years ago.

RaggedyMom said...

I have so much left to do for Pesach and I feel like I run out of steam by 7 p.m.! Luckily, our cleaning process is greatly abridged because we can close off the kitchen - neighbors are using our apartment for their extended family and we are going to my parents for the week!