Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back on the Wagon, I hope.

Stephen King says in On Writing that when he was an alcoholic, seeing someone sip at a whiskey was hard for him.
He relates something like this:
A man walks into a doctor's office and tells the doctor that he has an alcohol problem. The doctor asks "how much do you drink?" and the man says "all of it."

And in The Shining, he talks a lot about being on the wagon, falling off the wagon, the whole shebang.

Anyway, I'm not an alcoholic, but I apparently have a serious sugar addiction (see, you were wondering where the heck I was going with this, but if you stick with me long enough, we'll get there.)

So, starting today, I'm going off of sugar. Of course, I picked the wrong day to go back on herbalife, since it's a fast day, but ... I completely forgot. It snuck up on me.

So, I had my herbalife shake this morning, and it's now three hours later, which means I can have a piece of fruit soon.

I'm going to do this, for a number of reasons:
1. As Yaakov said to me last night on the phone, it's my health.
2. I tried on the cutest shirt yesterday, and it was the biggest size they had and it was too small, and I WANTED that shirt, but it looked awful on my waist.

So... that's the story, I'm back on herbalife, and I'm going to take off some weight. so no more ice cream for me.

On a totally different subject, juggler would like his status here clarified, and rightly so. He's not just a juggler (although he is a very good one, certainly the best I've ever seen). He's also a friend of mine and Yaakov's, and he's the one who introduced Yaakov to me. And if you're reading this blog, then you have a pretty good idea as to how much that means to me.. so thank you so much, Scott.

Anything more I say about that is just going to get all mushy, so ... assume extreme mushiness filled with gratitude, and then I don't have to leave myself as susceptible to ridicule...

Also, a thank you to my mom for taking me clothes shopping last night. I really appreciate it, and I really like all the clothes you bought me!

t.c.

2 comments:

palm tree said...

good luck on the no sugar thing. That is tough, so I completely wish you the best of luck

Leah Goodman said...

Thanks, Cher. I'm on herbalife, so I get sweet stuff, just not standard sugar.