Sunday, January 15, 2006

Okay, Dr Phil, got it.

Dr Phil says that you shouldn't decide to marry someone until you've nursed them through the flu.
I can put a check next to that box...

Yaakov is really feeling miserable. He slept all day, and when I came home, I made him a cup of tea. He's burning up with fever. (39.5 and if you speak farenheit, you can convert it yourself.)

I wanted to send him to my parents' house so that I could be sure he would be taken care of tomorrow too, but he appears to be a little intimidated by them, so he ended up sleeping in my guest room. (actually, I was going to sleep in the guest room, but he decided that he'd like to... whatever... it means that I can use the computer now.

I made him toast and soft-boiled eggs, and I brought it to him in bed and I brought him a cup and basin so he could do netilat yadayim (ritual washing of the hands before bread). He ate it, so at least he's gotten a little bit of nutrition into him other than lemon juice.

I hate the powerless feeling of... there's only so much I can do. It's so frustrating. I want to be G-d so I can fix everything.

heh. at least I have a good reason for wanting the power... right?

Anyway, one note for our shadchan - On Friday afternoon, Yaakov and I juggled together. It took a few tries, but we were able to pass pretty reasonably after a while. It was really fun. I haven't successfully passed in a long long time, and I had a really easy time getting a rhythm with him, which was really awesome. For non-jugglers, yes, juggling can be intimate. Juggling is kind of zen - like everything is in the proper rhythm, and sharing that rhythm with someone else is special.

that's it for tonight,
t.c.

No comments: