Thursday, February 16, 2006

Earritable.

My ears hurt, and it makes me irritable.
Every noise seems like a personal assault.

Fortunately, I remember a story my dad told me.
Once, he was on a flight, and his ears were really bad during the landing, so he asked a flight attendant for help, and the flight attendant brought him two cups with hot-water-soaked cotton balls in them. When he cupped them over his ears, there was almost instant relief. Turns out, that's working pretty well for me.

See Abba? I do listen to you.

Actually, on another pro-parent note... When I was little, I used to complain all the time about how all my friends had cable, and I couldn't watch "Super Sloppy Double Dare" or "Fun House" at home because we didn't have Nickelodian. (It should be noted that I watched more than my fair share of "Super Sloppy Double Dare" at the after school program I was in.)

My father always insisted that really, there was plenty to watch without cable, and indeed, I watched entirely too much tv as it was.

So I had my cable disconnected last night, and when my roommate moves out, I will be without a television.

this makes me happy.

really.

t.c.

No comments: