Friday, February 03, 2006

Engagement Party

Our engagement party was Wednesday night!

Loads of people came. I got to meet Yaakov's cousins, and see my parents' neighbors, and see all kinds of people.

There were a lot of great things about the party. My mom made hot apple cider, which made the house smell delicious. Yaakov made me a balloon flower. My mom got a special cake which had a picture of Yaakov & me on it. But pretty early on in the evening, there was screaming.

It was happy screaming, but anyone who had heard the screams and not seen the accompanying hugs, and heard the questions might have thought it wasn't such happy screaming...

"what are you doing here?"
"What are you doing here?"
"Have you made aliya?"
"Yes"
"REALLY?!!!! WOW!!!!"

after a good amount of screaming... it turned out that Yaakov's friend's wife and a friend of my parents had been college roommates, and they hadn't seen each other in twelve years.

So my upcoming marriage has brought more people together.

t.c.

No comments: