Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday, Week 3

I think this is officially the longest diet I've been on since high school when I lost 20 lbs in about 4 months, except then I just stopped eating and didn't even notice it. After a week or two, I went back to eating whatever was available, but most of what was available didn't appeal to me then. What was great was that I didn't gain it back until college (10 of the freshman 15), and then took it off before the end of my first year (pneumonia).

Since then, the only other time I've lost weight (other than giving birth) was when I went on a medication that had  weight loss as a side effect. I'd love to go back on it, but it has loads of serious side effects, including kidney stones.

Anyway, some things I wanted to share...
First, my brother asked me an important question. He wanted to know what you do if you're having a dream, and just when you get to the good part, there's a commercial, and then another and another... I told him that I download all of my dreams and there are no commercials.

Second, same brother wore a windbreaker to shul. I have to wonder if you wear those when you break wind...

And onto our regularly scheduled program....

Breakfast: Yogurt (fruity)

Morning snack: coffee

Lunch: cottage&gil&banana&strawberry

Snack: coffee

Snack: yogurt

Dinner: 2-3 bowls of chicken soup from Shabbat, 1/2 cup brown rice, 200 grams "steak", 1/2 cup cranberry juice

*the steak was ... well, it ain't a proper steak, but it helped ease the burn of Yaakov making hot dogs and french fries for dinner. I should automatically lose a pound for refusing the fries!

I'm pondering going for a walk now even though it's 9:30... think I might.


2 comments:

Bethami said...

oh good for you. if i miss my window of 8-830, i just. cant. drag. my. ass. out. sux, cuz life has been a bit busy lately.
good for making the walking a priority!

Leah Goodman said...

Yeah, I actually got out and did my walk. I'm having a good day, so I better use as much of it as possible (I also ironed today)