Friday, April 22, 2011

Chag Sameach and Shabbat Shalom

Today was kind of a tough day. Ephraim was home, it was raining, and Yaakov and Kinneret are away at the juggling convention. My fantastic neighbor let us come over and hang out for a while, which made the day move and stopped the constant flow of Diego videos. I'm told that Diego is the Spanish of Yaakov, so it makes sense that Ephraim would want to watch it constantly... 

I miss Yaakov and Kinneret, though I'm enjoying the lack of whining. Kinneret has a tendency to whine about things even when we haven't said no... as in "mommy I wannnt waaaater," and I'm like, "could you please ask in English instead of whine-language?" 

I've been reading "How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk" and so far, it's a good read. I'm hoping that learning the techniques in the book will help me yell less and feel more like the situation is under control even if the kids aren't exactly. I feel like I get angry too often and yell too often with Kinneret. With Ephraim, I feel like I have more patience. I'm not quite sure whether it's his behavior or my attitude. It might be a combination of the two. I perceive him as very vulnerable, while I perceive Kinneret as very tough. The truth is almost the opposite. Kinneret is very sensitive and gives up easily. Ephraim is persistent and self-assured. I'm not sure where I go from there... hmmmn. 

On a totally different subject, I think that matza makes you hungry. There's no other explanation. I never eat very much of the carbs anyway, but somehow, this week, I'm ten times hungrier. I feel like I'm in good company, though. Two of my Facebook friends said they got somewhat off track during the holiday too. Today, I had the obligatory matza brei for the chag... I discovered that I don't like it with wet matza. I like the matza crispy... oh well. 

Anyway, here's today's food:
Snack: banana, coffee
breakfast: matza brei - 2 matzahs, 2 eggs, 1 onion, olive oil, a tiny bit of butter
snack: coffee
lunch: cottage cheese & strawberries
snack: coffee, 4 marshmallows

Dinner will be whatever my mom serves, as she's graciously invited Ephraim and me for supper. I assume there will be apple kugel... yum. 

No comments: