Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, Driver's License Woes

Some of you know that I don't have a driver's license. I had one in the US and I let it lapse and it's beyond renewal now. Today, I went to take the written test and they told me I can't because the doctor had marked something as "yes" on the medical form. I asked the doctor not to mark it and he said it's no big deal, but it actually is. The form now has to go to a special doctor for approval before I can take my written test. Annoying. So I was in a rotten mood today. Usually, when I'm in a rotten mood, I eat. So I actually went to McDonald's today. I got a burger, a salad, and a diet coke, which is about 600 calories total... not as dreadful as it could have been, I guess. I found out that I don't really miss the fries that much. That was a total shock for me. I thought it would ruin the experience, but actually I enjoyed the salad, and the burger was heavenly. I obviously can't do it on a regular basis, but it really didn't wreck the day's eating that badly. Dinner at my parents', where they're trying to use up the chametz, on the other hand, was less than optimum.

On a totally different subject, Ephraim fell asleep holding two of my fingers tonight. So sweet. 

Breakfast: yogurt
Snack: yogurt
Snack #2: yogurt (we notice a theme?)
lunch: McRoyal, salad, Diet Coke
snack #3: carrots
Dinner: sweet potato soup (less than 1 cup), mixed vegetables, 2.5 pre-made schnitzels, 2 mini-borekes
after: fireball

2 comments:

Yaron Kaplan said...

Can you get another form and ask your doc to re-fill it, leaving everything as "no"? That's what my mom convinced my doc to do, after he marked that I have some sort of a motoric(?) problem.. saved me a lot of trouble.

Leah Goodman said...

@Yaron: no. the doctor refused. Something about not lying. I was thinking of going to a different doc - paying private, but ... whatever. the form is with misrad harishui now.