Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 3 of the Omer

I'm trying to count the omer this year. For those who don't know what that means, the omer is a period of 50 days between Passover and Shavuot. You're supposed to count off the days and the weeks in that time period. "You shall count for yourselves seven complete sabbaths" is how the Torah puts it. 
So you count each evening, after dark, for seven weeks, and when you finish, you celebrate receiving the Torah, which was seven full weeks after leaving Egypt. The counting is easy. Remembering to count... not so easy. Men who pray each evening are more likely to remember, but for women, it's a real challenge. 

Today, I tried to re-assert control, and was somewhat successful. It's very hard without my fireballs. They give me the sweet and the strong flavor and take a long time to eat, so I use them to kind of finish off the day. I miss them.

breakfast: yogurt drink (350 cal)
lunch: cottage cheese and strawberries
snack: potato chips (small bag, 100 cal), celery (a lot)
dinner: turkey meat, chicken breast, chicken soup, 1/2 slice matza, 1.5 pieces apple kugel
after: 2 small pieces of cake
problem: I'm still craving sweet.

No comments: