Saturday, March 12, 2011

Motzei Shabbat

There are so many thoughts swirling through my head right now. A lot of anger, outrage, and sadness about the pigua in Itamar, a feeling of impotence, a feeling like I should be feeling more, but somehow, I've managed to cap my emotions in some way, which I guess is a coping mechanism, but somehow I'm upset that I can cope, that anyone can, that we can sit in front of our computers and check our facebook and eat our food and drink water and just keep living when something so horrible has happened. On the other hand, I realize that the opposite response would be worse. Our country cannot be paralyzed by acts of terrorism. I just don't know what to feel or how to express it.

Onto the usual daily food run:
breakfast: cottage cheese&gil&strawberries&banana, coffee
lunch: mushroom barley soup, chicken, some mayo/ketchup dressing on the chicken
snack: 1/2 apple (kids got the rest)
dinner: chicken breast, chicken leg
snack: fireball

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

I think you expressed it very well.

Besurot tovot.