Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday

So today, I had chocolate. That is good stuff. If I were a god, I'd make chocolate calorie-free. Heck, with the anti-oxidants, it would be a health food... "Eat your chocolate, honey, it'll make you grow big and strong..." Actually, the whole way that food works is pretty awful. We're hardwired to enjoy calories. You'll never hear someone say "wow, I can just go for a whole bunch of broccoli" or "I'm really jonesing for some celery." I mean, don't get me wrong, strawberries are absolutely delicious despite being low in calories, but they're the exception, not the rule. Anyway, I certainly crave white fluffy foods like potatoes and pasta and marshmallows... 

A poll... Someone recommended that I try to eat five different colors of food in each meal, so I ask you, readers, just one important question... skittles or m&m's?

I didn't get in any exercise today. Will hopefully go walking tomorrow. Any readers interested in being a walking buddy...? Kate? 

Food:

Brunch: cottage cheese and yogurt (1.5%) and strawberries and banana, coffee
snack: celery, 3 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 a carrot, coffee, 1 piece of kinder chocolate
dinner: chicken soup w/ chicken, zucchini, carrots, sweet potato 
after: fireball

No comments: