Saturday, March 26, 2011

Od Shabbat Avra B'Sheket...

It was a quiet Shabbat. Yaakov and I weren't up to going to shul Friday night. In the morning, Yaakov took Kinneret, and I went later and backpacked Ephraim so that he couldn't get down and spread germs among the children. He didn't have a fever all day, so despite the fact that he still has a cough, he's going back to gan in the morning. 

An hour before Shabbat, I decided to make chicken soup. I put chicken pieces, zucchini, and barley in the pot, added chicken soup mix, and cooked for the hour. Then I left it on the platta until Shabbat lunch. It could have used some celery and carrots, but it was pretty good. Those powders really do taste good even if they don't have msg to make your tastebuds dance anymore. Since Yaakov and I both have colds, it was nice having soup for lunch. The chicken from the soup was... mechubas (laundered!), meaning little flavor, but that's ok.

So here's what I ate today...
Breakfast: coffee
lunch: 1/4 slice of bread, soup, 1 chicken breast
snack: 2 red hots
seuda shlishit: 1.5 corn thins, celery, 1 glass orange juice
melaveh malka: chicken soup, 1 chicken wing, 1 thick slice of challah.

No comments: