Tuesday, November 25, 2008

7 things about me

I've been tagged for a meme by Leora from Here in HP

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people (if possible) at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

=======
Seven things about me:
  1. I have a superman complex and find myself wanting to save pretty much everyone from pretty much everything. I obsess over other people's problems.
  2. When I was 12 or so, my best friend cut her wrist in a suicide attempt. Since then, I get weirded out by anything touching (or especially scratching) my wrists. (Friend is still alive and even occasionally in touch)
  3. I'm one of the only people I know who actually LOVED high school and had relatively few complaints about the particular school.
  4. The longest I ever lived in one place is 5 years, but I'm coming up on 4.5 years in my current apartment.
  5. When I was in kindergarten, and they asked me what I wanted to be, I said "author and illustrator." Author is still on the short-list of what I'd like to be.
  6. I'm not sure whether I'm more afraid of having an epidural or going through another whole labor without one.
  7. I've crocheted a kippa for almost every guy I was ever serious about - except Yaakov, who only wears velvet anyway.
People I tag:
  1. Rachel at Despite Motherhood
  2. Bethami at The Mommy Guilt Blog
  3. Raggedy Mom
  4. Robin at My Home in Israel
  5. K. at Children Mentioned
  6. Raanana Ramblings
  7. Perky over at Chez Perky

7 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

Oh, how odd. A few of your "seven facts" are true about me as well!
Anyway, regarding #6- go for the epidural. It totally takes the pain away. You'll be so much more relaxed,less tired, and recover more quickly afterward.
When you're in labor, the formula is:
Pain= baaaaad.
Drugs= goooood.

JJ said...

OK, I'll start making my list!

I would get the epidural. I've had a few and they really aren't that bad. I've never been in labor (my kids were all born via planned c-section for medical reasons) so I've never experienced that pain, but I'd still go for the epidural- if it hurts, the pain only lasts for a second.

JJ said...

I just saw your post on the pregancy-related pelvic pain you're having. I had that the last time I was pregnant. I think the doctor called it "round ligament pain" and it was horrible. Turning over in bed or putting on a pair of pants was sometimes so painful that it brought tears to my eyes. Thankfully, it goes away when the baby comes. Hope you're feeling OK!

DrSavta said...

Lots of love to my favorite cat, from Vietnam.

Leora said...

Take the epidural. I did child two without (not my choice). He was also born Shabbat Breishit, you know, the one where Eve gets pain in childbirth as a punishment? I had child three scheduled so I could get the epidural. She came out like a peach!

When you have written your book, let me know. I want to be an illustrator for a good book.

Anonymous said...

I loved high school too.

BB said...

I had two epidurals. The first one was in the US and I didn't feel anything. It was great. The second was here because I feared that the pain would be greater without it. I was wrong. In Israel they give a walking epidural and I felt all the pressure but not the contractions. In other words, it wasn't worth it. This time I said I would see how far I could go without it. I had a natural birth and now feel that it isn't worth it. there are of course times when an epidural is good-like when you're in labor for 30 hours and are exhausted and not progressing. I hope the labor goes well.