Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Some More on the Conference.

I seem to take absolutely forever to blog anything new about this conference.
Today, I'll tell you a bit about Sophie Judah, the latest thing on the writing scene. Her Jwalangar Stories will be coming out in spring of 2007. So, even before she becomes famous, I'll tell you that I knew her when....

Okay... I didn't know her when she was that young. When I met her, her daughters looked like that.

Sophie grew up in India, and is part of the Bnei Yisrael Jewish community. Sophie writes about life in India, and about the place of the Jewish community. Sophie's stories mix the triumphs of children, their failings, familial love, and familial infighting, all with the beautiful flavor of the rich Indian culture and the spirituality of the Bnei Yisrael community. While her stories are so richly tied to the atmosphere they describe, the messages apply to every one of us, regardless of our own roots.

I can't wait to read her book. I've heard a lot of her stories, and Sophie is an incredible story teller.

t.c. Goodman

No comments: