Saturday, January 28, 2006

More information....

Everyone wants to know all about Yaakov, which is pretty awesome.


It's supposed to be really easy to put pictures up with blogger, but I don't have the patience to figure it out right now.

I noticed a lot of responses from a whole bunch of new readers to the last post. Welcome aboard, especially Yaakov's dad.

On Wednesday night, we went out to eat. We left the restaurant, and we were walking towards the bus stop and he turned around and said "Will you marry me?" and I said "yes."

Anyway. It appears that the wedding will be in the last week of March, so those of you across the ocean who are planning on coming...

We haven't found a venue yet, but we're confident that something must be open.

If anyone knows of any nice places (mehadrin) in or around Jerusalem, let me know... we're expecting 150-200 people. Also - if anyone knows a good bridal dress Gemach or a good band, that could be helpful. We have our photographer booked. We are also looking for a good jeweler in Jerusalem who can set a diamond, and can be trusted to return the same diamond we've brought in.

In other news, it was a quiet Shabbat. Yaakov was at his place in Jerusalem, and I was home in Modiin. My parents and I went to a sheva brachot. (literally 7 blessings - a sheva brachot is a meal in which there is a newly married couple - in the first 7 days- and if 10 men or more are present, then they make the marriage blessings again.) It was really fun, and I got a huge amount of "mazel tov"s and a huge number of people sang to me... I *LOVE* being a bride. I think I'm turning into a serious bridezilla.... oops.

I have to remember that the point of this is to get to be with Yaakov always and to build a family with him. It's amazing how easy it is to lose sight of what's important with all the excitement.

I feel truly blessed, because not only am I marrying someone who I love with all my heart, but I'm also getting to have a whole lot of fun on the way :).

A good week to everyone,
t.c.

No comments: